This training will provide an introduction to the most important changes for developers in Drupal 8, allowing students to practice Drupal OOP while at the same time providing a solid knowledge of the process of build modules for Drupal 8.
During the workshop, students will create a custom module and other components by using various APIs, plugins, and hooks.
By the end of the training, students will have a better understanding of Drupal 8 and how the introduction of Symfony components change the way modules should be written.
- Understanding the basic concepts and new best practices included in Drupal 8 module development process
- Learning the basic tools that can be used to create Drupal 8 modules including a code editor and Drupal Console
- Mastering the fundamentals of the HTTP request/response lifecycle
- Understanding the new Drupal subsystems Mastering the new development workflow using Composer
- Install Drupal 8 Using Composer to manage project dependencies.
- Creating a custom Module
- Creating a custom Page Including Route and Controller
- Rendering a Twig Template
- Creating a Config Form Integrated with Configuration Management
- Creating a Block (Plugin)
- Creating a Service
- Debugging available Services in Drupal 8
- Using dependency injection in custom Modules
- Create an event subscriber
- Overriding settings and configurations
- Managing configuration changes through the CLI
- Using Git to manage code and configuration changes
Who Will Gain the Most From This Training?:
Any PHP developer with or without experience in Drupal, regardless of his seniority, will learn how to take advance of their background to create Drupal 8 applications in a faster and efficient way.
Prerequisites for this Course:
- Previous PHP coding experience
- OOP experience would be desired, but not mandatory
- Comfortable working with CLI tools