Most Drupallers dream of being a contributor to the Drupal project. But where do you begin? And more importantly, what are some of the tools to help navigate the adventure successfully?
In this session, we will go over a couple of the gadgets necessary for working in the Drupal issue queue when being a novice to the queue.
There will also be a lightning round demonstrating the process of creating an issue, writing a patch, uploading the fix to Drupal.org, and then reviewing the patch for RTBC.
Tools of the trade:
- What is Simplytest.me? And how does it make life easy?
- Evaluating a module and its dependencies
- Applying a patch
- Uploading new modules to current test site
Git Client -
- Why use a Git client versus only using Command line
- How to create a branch and properly name it for the issue
- Committing changes to the repository
- Creating a patch
- What is Dreditor?
- Installing Dreditor and a quick demo of functionality
- How does it help in the issue queue?