How the DKAN Open Data Platform Empowers Scientists
Raley, E. (1), Bergstein, A. (1), Gray, S. (2), Lazo, G. (3), and Hoppin, A. (1)
(1) CivicActions, Berkeley, CA 94705.
(2) Granicus, New York, NY 11211.
(3) USDA ARS Western Regional Research Center, Albany, CA 94710.
DKAN is a Drupal distribution for publishing data sets, promoting open data standards, and
presenting data visualization. A panel discussion will be held to cover how DKAN and key
modules are expanding to make this resource an even more powerful tool for publishing
scientific data, fostering collaboration in open science communities, meeting open science
mandates, furthering open research among scientists, and cultivating transparency for the
general public. The information age is upon us and transparency and open access to data is
vital toward moving scientific advancements forward. Participants will gain new insight into how
to use the DKAN open data platform to publish and visualize scientific data, and gain an
understanding on how to contribute to this growing open community effort.
* Andrew Hoppin (DKAN founder)
* Elizabeth Raley (CivicActions / Moderator)
* Adam Bergstein (CivicActions / DKAN Product Lead)
* Stefanie Gray (Granicus / GIS and Open Data Specialist)
* Gerard Lazo (Geneticist / USDA)