Make the Internet a Force for Good, No Suit Required
Kalamuna looking for a Sales Executive who gets us. Sure, you’ll cultivate, juggle, and close leads like a champ, but you’ll also use your knowledge of the web design + development space to hunt for and keep the pipeline flowing with leads who align with our values. If people like you, trust you, and want to work with you — we probably will too. If you’re strictly focused on metrics, commission, or the ABCs of sales, we are not the droids you’re looking for.
You’ll report to the CEO, but you’ll also need to share the sandbox with members of the tech and design teams — they’ve got the SME to make your RFPs A-OK.
- You are an exceptional communicator who uses empathy, nuance and polish to connect with different personalities
- Can maintain successful client relationships and deliver strategic creative and technical ideas for a digital agency
- Ability to translate brand needs into marketing strategies and business objectives
- Can think strategically and act quickly, no matter how full your plate
- You have a holistic understanding of digital design, architecture, development, and support
You Might Also Know About
- Maintaining the sales pipeline, and reporting its overall health to leadership
- Working your magic with administrative staff and account managers to create SOWs, MSAs and other contracts as needed
- Managing our contacts by keeping the CRM up-to-date with client contacts and interactions, newsletter lists, project timelines and budgets
Kalamuna is an Oakland, California-based agency that specializes in communications strategy, user experience design and development. We’re a bunch of activists, artists, mathematicians, punsters and history buffs who were more likely to major in the humanities than in computer stuff. We’re voracious learners who take things apart, play with them, and see what we can make. And these are the reasons we’re great at making the Internet.
Our clients embrace curiosity, play and provocation to solve our most important problems. They’re nonprofit execs using the web to instigate. They’re government workers using mobile for a cleaner environment. They’re entrepreneurs offering sustainable products online. These people also like to tinker, to critique, and change the way things are. We believe this restless, rabble-rousing mindset is what gets anything worth doing done. Let’s Play.
Kalamuna is committed to eradicating institutional discrimination and bias, and to uplifting the lived experiences of all minorities.
As such, Kalamuna welcomes applications from all backgrounds, particularly from people of color; women; LBGTQ people; immigrants or refugees; people who are differently-abled; and people from low- or moderate-income backgrounds. Kalamuna is an equal-opportunity, affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, disability status, veteran status, military obligations, marital status and policy party affiliation, or on any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.