Expand knowledge, drop knowledge, build the Internet.
What You'll Do
You’ll be working on a mix of interesting projects for worthy organizations, and be counted upon to solve problems in code, and work in a team context using agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills. Not only do we like talking, you’ll also be (shock!) speaking with our wonderful clients.
- Mastery of web fundamentals. You must know how to bend the internet to your will using our basic tech (HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, git). Please give us work samples (projects, code, URLs) so we can admire your masterpieces.
- Deep expertise with the Drupal API and module development. You don’t need to memorize the Forms API, but knowing the structure of Drupal code, being able to use these conventions to create code other Drupal developers can use, and having the contextual knowledge to jump into (reasonably) well-structured Drupal projects is essential.
- Familiarity with Drupal sitebuilding and its power. We need folks who know when to site build, and when to get deep into the code (again, please provide samples).
You Might Also Know About
- Translating functional requirements into technical architecture.
- Implementing solutions within deadlines mutually agreed upon with your project manager.
- Communicating with your project manager to find the most effective solution to a problem.
- Showing teammates how to use your favorite technologies.
- Devops or build tools
Working With Us
Kalamuna is committed to building practical solutions that empower organizations and individuals. You’ll be working simultaneously on a reasonable mix of interesting projects for mission-driven organizations, and be counted upon to solve problems in code in a team context leveraging agile methodologies.
We’re also committed to your excellence and continued development and will actively seek to intersect projects with your ambitions.
Kalamuna offers many benefits including health insurance, commuter benefits, a continued learning stipend, a flexible PTO policy, federal holidays and catered Friday lunches. We also organize team building workshops and company-wide conference attendance.
We’re looking for individuals with a broad range of interests and experiences to be themselves. Your story, your passion is what interests us most.
- Tell us about a client project where you helped them shine brighter than they could’ve imagined
- Tell us about an outcome that your engineering made possible
- Show us something impractical, possibly funny, that you’ve built
- Apply now by sending us the above along with your resume
Kalamuna makes the Internet for rabble-rousing organizations driven to tinker, critique, and change the way things are. We like to play with the existing state of affairs by testing strategies, coming up with new solutions, new paradigms, and new ways of doing things. It’s this restless, change-making mindset that gets anything worth doing done. We have it and our clients have it. And it’s what drives our work in design, strategy, user experience, and development. When we play, mission-driven organizations win.
Kalamuna is committed to eradicating institutional discrimination and bias, and to uplifting the lived experiences of all minorities.