Acquia is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking a Technical Account Manager (TAM) to provide technical advice and enablement to customers in our Team-based offering. These TAMs form a small, distributed team working closely with a group of high-value customers. As a Team TAM you’ll provide ongoing guidance on Drupal and Acquia products, recommend best practices, assist in ensuring successful launches, and help customers resolve technical issues. The ideal candidate has a broad and deep background in Drupal and web development, significant LAMP stack knowledge, and a rare blend of technical and customer relationship skills.
- Provide troubleshooting and enablement on a wide variety of technical and strategic topics, including Drupal best practices, development operations, and Acquia products, including cloud hosting
- Ensure successful site launches
- Connect customers with other subject matter experts within Acquia
- Communicate with customers with clarity and courtesy – verbally and in writing
- Work with customers in real time in scheduled phone meetings, as well as through a customer ticketing system
- Efficiently juggle multiple requests from multiple customers
- Collaborate with other team members on technical and customer service challenges
Skills and Attributes:
- Deep experience with Drupal site and application architecture, including an aptitude for building, configuring, and troubleshooting a variety of Drupal site recipes (complex sites, multimedia, social networking, brochure sites, etc.)
- Proven record of providing customer relationship management with excellent customer satisfaction
- Solid understanding of LAMP internals and resource management
- Passion for the web, open-source development, and for helping us build lasting value for customers
- Strong problem-solving skills, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Seeks to identify, analyze and solve problems systematically rather than solely by intuition or instinct. Looks for root causes, not just symptoms of the problem. Weighs pros and cons of actions. Differentiates when to or when not to escalate issues.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize a large number of competing requests
- Performs work with (internal and external) customer satisfaction in mind, while not compromising the integrity of the work
- Excellent interpersonal, team cooperation, and communication skills
- Listens and probes to understand, diagnose and understand what matters most to others. Values the input and insights of others.
- Experience with enterprise web technologies like Varnish and memcached
- Consulting or customer service background
- Experience delivering solutions to large enterprises (Fortune 500, multiple government agencies etc.)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Fluency in languages beyond English (Spanish, German, French in particular
Remote work is permitted for this position, though preference will be given to candidates based in or around Portland, OR or the West Coast in general. Travel to Acquia offices and customer sites will be minimal (10%).
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Department: Customer Solutions
Location: Remote - US [West Coast]
Job Title: Technical Account Manager
Department & Organization: Technical Account Management