Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is working to enable bold digital experiences built with Drupal and Decoupled architectures.
We participate in the development and growth of Drupal and other Open Source software projects and firmly believe that Open Source is a better model for developing software that offers unrivaled benefits that traditional proprietary software models can’t match.Come on board and work with our unrivaled team as we develop foundational API-first components and architectures built with Drupal.
Join our team and enjoy the perks of working in a dynamic environment with phenomenal people at Acquia as we work to support the growth and contributions to our community and beyond. Make a difference!
- Improving Drupal’s REST, JSON and GraphQL APIs, which requires work in the Entity, Field, Typed Data and Routing APIs in Drupal core.
- Implement improvements to API-First distributions and installation profiles
- Implement/improve APIs to support the development decoupled UIs for modeling structured content, site building and site administration as well as content authoring experiences
- Contribute to building and supporting SDKs, and reference applications for a variety of decoupled solution architectures
- Passion for the web, open source development, and for helping to build extraordinary user experiences
- Skilled at collaborating with team members, partners, and open-source community members from a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Work collaboratively and iteratively, with solutions discussed constantly and feedback given without ego
- Open-minded: considers alternate perspectives, and appreciates the contribution of diverse experiences to develop stronger solutions
- Ability to work independently. Strong time management and organization skills
- Self-motivated, takes initiative to improve outcomes, processes, or measurements
- Critical thinking, troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Eager to learn, mentor and be mentored.
- Enjoys collaborating and brainstorming
- Able to guide technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Flexible, especially with regard to shifting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Drupal 8 core knowledge
- Solid OO PHP
- Experience in REST, JSON, Entity, Field, Typed Data, Routing, Serialization APIs
- Construction, implementation, and support of internal/external API endpoints within MVC workflow
- 4-8 years of experience architecting application solutions
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred, or equivalent experience
- An active Drupal.org user profile with a history of contribution to a variety of problems, including core contribution experience
- Experience with general web security
- Experience working with distributed open-source teams
- Experience with decoupled architectures
- Experience with API management solutions
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.